In search for an easy snack that won’t weigh down on your health? Nuts are the way to go. These small, often crunchy bite sized seeds are packed with nutrients and proteins that make them a great snack choice for health conscious individuals.
There’s a wide variety of nuts available, and aside from offering different flavors, each one also provides unique benefits. So with all the different choices, it might be tough to really determine which options are the best nuts to eat. If you’re thinking of indulging in this satisfying health snack, try checking out these choices that are worth going nuts over.
Top 10 Nuts to Eat Table
|Picture||Name||Roasted vs. Raw||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|Picture||Name||Roasted vs. Raw||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. We Got Nuts Peanuts Roasted Unsalted, 5 Lb ||Roasted||$$$||4.8|
|2. Sunfood - Brazil Nuts, 8oz, Raw, Organic ||Raw||$$$||4.6|
|3. Kirkland Signature Walnuts, 3 Pounds ||Raw||$||4.5|
|4. Mauna Loa Macadamias, Dry Roasted with Sea Salt, 11-oz. ||Roasted||$$$||4.5|
|5. Anna and Sarah Shelled Pecans in Resealable Bag, 2 Lbs ||Raw||$$$$||4.4|
|6. Gefen Whole Organic Chestnuts, Roasted & Peeled , 5.2-Ounces ||Roasted||$$||4.3|
|7. Planters Slivered Almonds, Unsalted, 6 Ounce Bag ||Raw||$$$$||4.3|
|8. Food to Live Hazelnuts / Filberts (Raw, No Shell) (8 Ounces) ||Raw||$$||4.2|
|9. Wonderful Pistachios, Roasted and Salted, 32-oz Bag ||Roasted||$$||4.2|
|10. Emerald Roasted & Salted Whole Cashews, Stand Up Resealable Bag, 5 Ounce ||Roasted||$||4.1|
Know Your Nuts – a Guide to Choosing the Best Nuts
Choosing the best nuts to eat can be a predicament because of the wide variety available. Each one offers something unique, so it’s safe to assume that some may or may not satisfy your standards and preferences.
If you’re looking for snack nuts, there are a few factors that should come into play. These three main considerations should help you find not only the best nuts for your taste, but also the right pick for your health.
- Type of Nut. There’s a total of 53 different types of edible nuts currently known to man. These nuts offer various textures, tastes, and benefits so if you want to get the best one for your needs and preferences, it pays to take time choosing the right type of nut.
While all the different nuts available are beneficial to some extent, there are a select few that stand out in terms of taste and health benefits. The best nuts to eat are:
- Almonds. Packed with protein and monosaturated fatty acids, almonds are the ideal diet snack able to help along with weight loss by suppressing your appetite.
- Walnuts. Rich in omega 3 fatty acids, walnuts are essential for brain and heart health and functioning.
- Peanuts. Peanuts rival strawberries when it comes to antioxidant content. They’re ideal for optimizing skin and digestive health.
- Pecans. Each serving of pecans contains about 3 grams of fiber. Eating your daily does of this nut can help normalize bowel movements and cleanse your system.
- Brazils. These nuts are packed with selenium – an essential micronutrient that helps combat cancer and strengthen the immune response.
- Pistachios. Much lower in calories compared to other nuts, pistachios are a great diet snack that helps reduce calorie intake by regulating your appetite.
- Cashews. Cashews can be added into salads and curries to enhance both texture and flavor, but they’re capable of more than that. Rich in monosaturated fatty acids, these nuts are essential for combating heart and brain disease.
- Hazelnuts. These nuts help lower cholesterol levels, thus preventing the chances of several different diseases and health conditions.
- Macadamias. Much like cashews and almonds, macadamias are a great source of monosaturated fatty acids that help reduce the risk of heart and brain disease.
- Chestnuts. Packed with fiber, vitamin C, iron, potassium, and magnesium, chestnuts are a natural multivitamin that helps with overall health and wellness.
- Roasted vs. Raw. Nuts can be prepared and cooked in a variety of ways, but the most common are roasted nuts and raw nuts. This doesn’t only change their flavor, but could also alter the health benefits they offer.
If you’re after the taste, roasted nuts are the best choice to go with. These have much more flavor, especially when tossed lightly in salt.
However if you’re after the health benefits of eating nuts, it would be in your best interest to choose raw nuts instead. These don’t have the oil or the salt that’s used during roasting, so they retain much more of their nutritional value.
Top 5 Best Nuts to Eat Reviews
When it comes to nuts as snacks, nothing comes close to the humble peanut. These nuts are eaten and prepared in a variety of ways – incorporated into a wide selection of dishes and even enjoyed on their own. We Go Nuts Roasted Unsalted Peanuts are the best peanuts on the market, offering great value to consumers.
These peanuts are skinned and roasted, but packaged without the added salt. This allows buyers to include the peanuts in things like salads and stews without disrupting the flavor of the meal. You can also add salt based on your own preferences if you want to enjoy the peanuts as a snack.
At a fairly affordable price, these peanuts can serve you a multitude of purposes. Each bag contains a pound of peanuts, so you can have some in handy whenever you feel a craving or if you simply want to add texture to an otherwise plain dish.
It’s difficult to find fresh, crisp, raw brazil nuts, but the Sunfood Raw Organic Brazil Nuts makes it easy. These nuts are all organic, vegan, gluten-free, kosher, and 100% raw, so you can be sure that you’re getting only the best of the nut’s nutritional value when you buy a bag of Sunfood Raw Organic Brazil Nuts.
Each bag contains 227 grams of brazil nuts, with a calorie count of 105 per serving. The raw nuts can be eaten as is, or can be used in a variety of recipes including cookies, pastries, and cakes.
Although they are delicious and healthy, there is a single downside to the Sunfood Raw Organic Brazil Nuts. That is, they are quite expensive compared to many other options in the market. This is because brazil nuts aren’t easy to come by, so they’re priced much higher than other nuts.
Regardless, they do have lots of different uses which makes them a versatile ingredient or snack to have at home.
When it comes to great value, few come close to the Kirkland brand. Kirkland Signature competes with other more popular brands when it comes to quality, but offers all of its products at much lower prices. A great example of this would be the Kirkland Signature Walnuts – the best walnuts available today.
These walnuts maximize value with each bag containing 3 pounds of walnuts at a very reasonable price. The walnuts themselves are raw and unsalted, packed as whole walnuts instead of half walnuts, which is common with other brands.
Walnuts can be used for many different purposes, such as for pastries, salads, and even stews. Moreover, the Kirkland Signature Walnuts can be enjoyed as is, especially if you’re particularly picky about the food you include in your diet.
Salty, firm, and crunchy, macadamias have a smooth texture and a buttery feel when eaten. This makes them a particular favorite among those looking for a healthy savory snack that doesn’t weigh down on their calorie count. The Mauna Loa Macadamias Dry Roasted with Sea Salt are the best macadamias available, boasting a mild smokey flavor and a subtle sweetness.
The Mauna Loa Macadamias Dry Roasted with Sea Salt are all natural and organic, with each serving amounting to about 230 calories. This makes it a little heftier when it comes to calorie count, but still healthy when it comes to nutritional profile.
Macadamias can be coated in chocolate, added to cookies and pastries, or enjoyed as a stand-alone snack. There are quite filling and are packed with protein, so they also make an ideal diet snack if you’re watching your weight.
The Anna and Sarah Shelled Pecans in Resealable Bags are fresh, crisp, and healthy half pecans that are all natural and organic. The nuts are shelled and retain their skin, which is particularly ideal if you want to take advantage of the health benefits that the nuts offer.
Pecans are great to have around if you’re particularly fond of baking. More than a handful of cake and cookie recipes call for the inclusion of pecans, but a pie dedicated to the nut is a common favorite. The nuts are also great as a snack food if you want to combat cholesterol, which pecans are particularly popular for.